Car Crash Lawyers
Pedestrian injuries, especially those involving a vehicle, can range from minor to debilitating. From medical bills to lost wages, an accident can cause significant stress and take a major toll on your life. However, you may be entitled to damages to help with your recovery process, and you don’t have to go through the process alone. A pedestrian accident attorney can help answer your questions and can help you obtain fair compensation.
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident?
A pedestrian accident is a stressful event, and it can be difficult to think clearly after experiencing one. However, there are a few things you should do after an accident to ensure you can recover quickly and prepare your case. Here are some steps you should take if you are in a pedestrian accident:
- Call 911 immediately. If you are in a pedestrian accident – particularly one involving a moving vehicle – you should call 911 immediately. Not only does this allow you to request medical help if necessary, but it ensures that police may be sent to the scene to talk to any witnesses and cite the driver if appropriate.
- Get medical attention right away. Even if your injuries don’t feel serious right away, we highly recommend seeking medical attention as soon as possible after an accident. Adrenaline and stress from the event can mask the full extent of the pain – what feels like a bump today could feel like a full fracture when your body calms down. Being assessed by a medical professional can help you identify and treat any injuries right away.
- Preserve as much documentation as possible. Documentation can be very useful when putting together a claim or assessing damages later on. If possible, keep copies of your police report, witness statements, and doctor’s notes or bills.
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney. An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can help guide you through the process of recovering damages to cover things such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
At Kehoe Sands Law, our skilled pedestrian accident attorneys are prepared to help you navigate pedestrian law so you can obtain fair compensation. We want to help you recover as quickly and stress-free as possible, and we can help you recover damages for accident-related expenses such as:
- Medical bills, including urgent care and subsequent doctor’s visits.
- Lost wages from being unable to work.
- Pain and suffering.
It’s never too early to discuss your case with a pedestrian accident attorney. We can help you receive the compensation you deserve. If you’re looking for an experienced and reputable pedestrian accident attorney, call us today to schedule your free in-person consultation.